As always, the party cup overfloweth in SF as burners make their annual migration into the sea of funfur and sparklepants. Besides the great shindigs listed in the paper in this week's Super Ego nightlife column, here are a few more stones to throw at your Exodus hangover ...
Inimitably endearing drag mother Cookie Dough has been haulin' it out for almost a decade -- and we love her stable of sweet-fierce queens. This week at the Edge in the Castro, an "all-star" cast, including Heklina, Sue Casa, Ethel Merman, Landa Lakes, Fruitbomb, and many more let loose. Lipsync for all!
Thu/22, 9pm, $5. The Edge, 4149 18th St, SF. Facebook Invite
The upcoming Symbiosis Fest (Sept. 19-22) is a humdinger this year, with a star-packed lineup sure to draw attention beyond the lovely spiritual-aural yogic wanderers who make up its core base. Here's the pre-party with Droog, Ana Sia, Amirali, JoBot, and more.
Thu/22, 9pm-late, $15-$20. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
The Lights Down Low parties have been killing it forever, but even moreso lately -- I can hardly keep up with all their bookings! Aaaaand here comes another great one. Most folks claim that SMD is one of the best live acts going. Check the Brit duo out for yourself, as well as openers Curses! and Egyptrixx.
Fri/23,9pm-late, $20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Lately working in the Disclosure vein, this 21-year-old Australian cutie's best work also bridges the gap between the trip-hop revival and big-room boom-boom.
Sat/24, 8:30pm, $20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Um, who can resist this, based solely on flyer? "Human cat" and damn fine DJ Primo throws down a set of rockin' 45s -- dig into some fish and chips at the Castle and get down with your paws up.
Sat/24, 9pm, $3. Edinburgh Castle, 950 Geary, SF. Facebook invite
Outrageously fun 10-piece live contemporary disco band will steam up your glasses. Must be seen to be believed. But you may be too busy dancing to look up.
Sun/25, 8pm, $15. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Most Commented On
- Yeah - he's right - December 11, 2013
- Almost 25 years here, - December 11, 2013
- I think he is more interested - December 11, 2013
- Come on, you cannot possibly live in this city if you have not - December 11, 2013
- What a horrible, hateful - December 11, 2013
- I think this guy is - December 11, 2013
- There is no legal or causal case to answer there. - December 11, 2013
- Yes, if you mean civil or criminal liability - December 11, 2013
- If these accidents are not reported then how can anyone - December 11, 2013
- But isn't he 100% correct and saying what many of us here say. - December 11, 2013